We all do it. When choosing a pair of shoes to buy to deciding what restaurant to go out to on Friday night. You weigh the pros and cons and come to a decision of what you want. When choosing a realtor you have to do the same thing. Every realtor is different and runs their business differently. Thankfully, there are a couple of questions when choosing a realtor that can help. They are as follows:
- How long have you been in the business?
- How will you market my home?
- How much commission will I be paying?
- What certifications do you have?
- What separates you from the competition?
- How long will our contract be with you? Can it be voided?
- What happens if our house doesn’t sell?
- What is your business philosophy?
- Can you recommend service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, make home repairs, and so on?
- How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction? Will you give us feedback?
These 10 questions are some of the best to ask. You need to find out what is important to you and what you want to know before hiring someone. For some people it won’t matter how long they have been in the business, what certifications they have, or even how they will market their home. Everyone’s priorities and expectations will be different. Selling your home is a huge decision and you need to make sure you are listing it with someone who you feel 100% comfortable with. Selling your home and buying another one can take time and you will have to be in a strong business relationship to make it successful. We here at the Annette Yorks Group hope you give us a call and let us be the realtor for you!